Why use the Variant Group field?
Like a lot of merchants, you probably have multiple products where the attributes have the same content, except for some variations (i.e. clothes can have different sizes and colors, but they are exactly the same products and will probably have the same description or price).
How to use the Variant Group field?
1. Variant Group supports multiple columns.
2. A variant group is made to manage a group of products that are reunited under the same name, and that will have several common attributes but some variation. For example :
3. The above spreadsheet contains a shirt with different sizes and quantities. But products with the same Var ID or Price or Title can be assigned to the Variant Group can be listed as a single product.
Extra settings on add variants to existing products
1. No adding new variant to an existing product
- Will not add variants to existing products.
2. Variant's SKU (auto-merge variants)
- The variant will auto-merge with the product identifier you selected.
3. Product's title
- Will add variant(s) to products with matching product title.
- Will add variant(s) to products with matching handle.
Variant Option 1/2/3
Based on the above figure, you need to have at least 1 Variant Option (Variant Option 1) to use Variant Group.
- Just "Add Field" for variant, then select Variant Option 1/2/3 and map to the variant column field in your file, for example, size, color and etc.
- Type name of the column referring to feed file, which has different attributes for a group of variants, which can be Size or Color.
For more information on Variants, you can check the demo file attached.