For the XML file format:
1. First, choose Upload File method.
2. Then, set the File Format to XML.
3. For the Parent node and Variant node refer below for more details.
The XML format can be quite hard for some users to set up.
Here is a step by step instruction with an example for parent node and variant node:
- Add the Parent node which is a mandatory field. Let's take the XML feed below as an example.
Based on the feed above, the Parent Node is <item>.
So you just need to type in the item in the field. There is no Variant Node present in the example above
- Please input Variant Node if a nested node present in the XML file.
The field mapping for XML will be straightforward. Based on the example above:
- SKU = sku
- Title = title
- Description = description
Note: You don't have to include the <> in the field mapping or node.
How to add subnode.
If the XML file contains node like below:
./product/title is the right way to write if it is a subnode.
|<item code="XYZ1001" description="Black Handlebar " instock="yes" wholesaleprice="100" rrp="150"/>
If the node is nested in this way, then you would need to map the variant node as the item
In the field mapping, code should be
Example 2: Product and variants
In this case, the parent node is product and the variant node is variant.
The product id or title can be used as the variant group.
To map the variant option, it will be ./title