Most of the time, we are facing issues in updating the images because are not retrievable via the link or the supplier does not provide the full link to the product images.
Besides that, for image URLs that fail to import to Shopify and the image files that are not publically downloadable. Shopify also does not allow images that exceeded the maximum resolution of 20 MP. So there is a way to modify them.
1. You need to sign up for an account via imagekit.io
2. Once done signing up, you can set your own image path id via the account.
3. You will be directed to this page. From this page, select use ImageKit.io media library.
4. Once selected you can upload your image there.
5. You will get the link for all the images you uploaded.
6. You take the image front link and place it on the URL prefix field. Refer to the example below.
Before enable Modify image URL, make sure there is image extension for the url in feed file. Example of extension, hello.jpg
7. Once done you can enable the toggle to modify the image URL.
In your feed file, there is an image extension like hello.jpg and you want to upload it to stock sync. You can use this way, make sure to upload those images to the imagekit.io
Then, paste the front link you created via imagekit.io https://ik.imagekit.io/fq4knorws/ to the URL prefix field.